The holiday parties are happening, and if you happen to be looking for the perfect drink to serve at your next event, we’ve got a suggestion that mixes two of our favorite adult beverages: wine and whiskey. The New York Sour is a sophisticated cocktail, with a citrusy rye base topped with a splash of vino, that will impress your guests. When all is said and done, this festive cocktail looks like a crackling fire in a glass and will make everyone merry.
Or if you want to warm up with a pre-party drink, you can always stop by a Nordstrom restaurant to have a New York Sour prepared for you by our friendly team.
3/4 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice, strained
3/4 oz simple syrup
1 ¾ oz well rye whiskey
1 scoop ice
1 large ice cube
3/4 oz Cabernet Sauvignon or Syrah wine
1 maraschino cherry
1 orange wheel
- In a pint glass, add the lemon juice, simple syrup, rye whiskey and scoop of ice.
- Cap and shake vigorously about 20 times.
- Add large format ice cube to a rocks cocktail glass.
- Strain cocktail into the prepared glass.
- Very slowly pour wine over the back of a spoon to create a float.6. Add a maraschino cherry and an orange wheel as garnish.
Leith belted satin jacket | Lizzie Fortunato golden feather drop earrings | BP. textured cuff | gorjana Cersi cuff
Enjoy! Photography by Matthew Sumi
Mixology by Kyrie MacIntyre