Phew! You made it over the first holiday hurdle. Congratulations, you’ve won a drink. Take some time before Christmas to recharge with a classic cocktail that’s also making a comeback. This lemony botanical martini is the refreshing burst of alcohol-infused hydration you need to get you on to the next leg of your present shopping and party planning. A maraschino cherry and a touch of floral liqueur bring this tipple to the next level.
And if you need a break during your intrepid errand running, you can always stop in at a Nordstrom restaurant to have an Aviation prepared for you. Hit pause for a minute before getting back in the gift-hunting game.
1 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice, strained
1/2 oz Luxardo maraschino liqueur
1/2 oz crème de violette liqueur
2 1/2 oz well gin
1 scoop ice
1 maraschino cherry
- Chill the martini glass with ice.
- In a pint glass, add lemon juice, maraschino liqueur, crème de violette, gin and ice.
- Cap and shake vigorously, about 20 times.
- Strain cocktail into the martini glass.
- Add a maraschino cherry (and lemon wheel, if you like) as garnish.
Treasure & Bond one-shoulder ribbed sweater | BP. circle charm necklace | Soko Dash cuff | Madewell set of 2 pinky rings
Photography by Matthew Sumi
Mixology by Kyrie MacIntyre